Whale Shark Snorkeling Exmouth, prepare to be amazed by these gentle giants. Every year, between April and July, the Ningaloo Reef in Western Australia hosts an aggregation of up to 600 whale sharks returning to the area to feed. Making it one of the best places in the world to spot these gentle giants in the wild. Whale sharks can grow up to 18 metres in length, with a mouth over a metre wide which is designed for the perfect consumption of plankton and krill. Despite their name, whale sharks are filter feeders and are absolutely harmless to humans.
What's Included when you join our Whale Shark snorkeling tour in Exmouth
- Courtesy transfers to and from your Exmouth accommodation in our air conditioned bus with commentary from our staff.
- Spotter Plane to find the whale sharks and other marine life
- Qualified, friendly guides with years of experience on the Ningaloo Reef
- Quality snorkel gear, wetsuits for adults and children, stinger suits, rash vests and even pool noodles and swim vests if required. Full and Standard masks as well as Prescription lens are available.
- Morning tea, sumptuous buffet lunch, afternoon tea and snacks and refreshments throughout the day. Meals are prepared by local eatery, Bundegi Beach Shack. Dietary requirements are catered for, please advise at time of booking.
- FREE Photos of the day - valued at $50! Our photographers will capture images from both above and below the water for you to keep. These will be available online the following day.
- 1-2 reef snorkels in the lagoon or outer reef. Please note that conditions on the day may affect the snorkel site and availability.
- Sighting guarantee – including free repeat tour on the next available tour or a partial refund for direct bookings* Please note this is available only on our Whale shark Snorkel Adventure Tour (April – July).
- COMPLIMENTARY Manta ray swim if Manta Ray’s are located. Once our Whale shark or Humpback Whale swims have been completed we’re happy to stop for a swim if we find Manta Rays.
- Informative whale shark briefing and marine education from our Marine Biologists on board . Resource materials are also available for fish identification, history and conservation education.
- Snorkel tuition if required. Our friendly guides are available for you whether you are a beginner snorkeller or would just like some advice. Always nearby, they can even offer a helping hand in the water if you need a little extra help.
- Dept of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attraction fees and taxes are included in your fare. There are no additional extras payable. A portion of your fare will also contribute to Whale shark conservation courtesy of Kings Ningaloo Reef Tours.
- Kids activities are available on board. For those little ones with a limited attention span we have books and colouring in activities to occupy them while not in the water.
What to bring to your Whale Shark snorkeling tour in Exmouth
Towel & Hat
Change of Clothes
- Beach towel
- Jacket/Jumper or spare change of clothes are recommended in cooler weather.
- Seasickness medication . If you experience motion sickness please seek advice from a pharmacist prior to your tour.
- Maximum of 20 places per tour, and only 10 snorkelers at a time with any individual whale shark
- Highly qualified, knowledgeable and passionate crew
- Established company with over 30 years experience
- One of the largest boats in the fleet
- Spacious, shaded deck area and low marlin board with rails and ladder for accessibility
- Sighting Guarantee (April – June)
- In water tuition and support, buoyancy aids available as well as a supportive hand to hold if required
- Quality equipment in leading brands
- We use a spotter plane and pilot with years of Whale sharking experience
- Sumptuous meals, snacks and hot and cold refreshments throughout the day
- Free photos of your day
- Free Manta Ray swims included if they are found
- Complimentary Gift pack and certificate
FREE repeat tour on the next available day. Should you not be available for the next available tour a partial refund will apply.
Conditions apply. Please contact us for full Terms and Conditions
Take a look at this 360 degree footage to see what swimming with a giant Whale shark on the Ningaloo would be like.